Our Pupil Premium for 2016-17 comprised £1715 from the financial year to April 2017, and £1350 for the year to April 2018, totaling £3065. This figure included £900 of Service Pupil Premium.
Our focus continued to be on the development of phonics skills in KS1 and lower KS2, and with a greater emphasis on developing maths skills throughout KS1 and KS2. The Pupil Premium was used to provide:
- Use of Lexia software to develop reading and phonics skills;
- 1-1 support for phonics using Read, Write Inc. One-to-one Phonics Tutoring;
- 1-1 support and coaching;
- Purchase of materials to support learning in phonics and maths (particularly times tables);
- Purchase of materials to promote mastery in maths;
- Additional 1-1 support time for those children in danger of falling behind their peers in English and Maths;
- Support to develop social skills.
As a result, pupils eligible for Pupil Premium support made progress in line with the national average in the end of KS2 tests, and other pupils began to narrow the gap between their own progress and that of their peers.
The Service Premium was also used to support pupils’ social integration, including payments for after-school and breakfast clubs.