Hamsterley Primary School Use of additional PE funding 2013-2014
Our allocation for the academic year 2013 / 2014 was £8130.
We have used the funding to:
- Buy into a small schools’ SLA from Durham LEA which has been specially tailored to our needs.
- Staff training on the teaching and assessment of dance, basketball, gymnastics, athletics, striking and fielding games (kwik cricket) and invasion games (tag rugby)
- Inter-school sports and festivals for these sports with progression to County games where appropriate
- Documentation and videos to help improve our PE provision.
We have also used the funding to:
- Continue to provide fortnightly swimming for all children, where the transport costs consume a large part of the budget
- Purchase resources for basketball, gymnastics, dance, kwik cricket and other sporting activities.
- Subscribe to Cyber Coach, an internet streamed Keep Fit and Dance video provider for our morning Wake Up, Shake Up exercises
- Provide coaching for all children across a range of sports
As a result our children have engaged in much more competitive sport and inter-school festivals than in previous years, which has increased their motivation and enjoyment.