The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at Hamsterley Primary School:
- Lynn Cowans is the Head Teacher and SENCO.
- Damian Hassan is the Deputy Head Teacher and Designated Teacher for Looked-After Children.
- Claire Sammut is our designated Special Educational Needs Governor.
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Liaise with Governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.