Hamsterley Primary School Use of additional PE funding 2014-2015
Our allocation for the academic year 2014 / 2015 was £8312.
We have used the funding to:
- Buy into a small schools’ SLA from Durham LEA which has been specially tailored to our needs. This provided staff training on the teaching and assessment of netball, gymnastics, athletics, table-tennis and tag rugby, and allows the children opportunities to take part in inter-school sports and festivals for these sports with progression to County games where appropriate.
- Continue to provide fortnightly swimming for all children, where the transport costs consume a large part of the budget
- Purchase resources for netball, table-tennis, dance, tag rugby and other sporting activities.
- Subscribe to Cyber Coach, an internet streamed Keep Fit and Dance video provider for our morning Wake Up, Shake Up exercises
- Provide coaching for all children across a range of sports
The impact has been:
- Our staff are more confident in coaching in table tennis, dance, gymnastics, athletics and tag rugby;
- Our children have participated with enjoyment in inter-school activities where they could compete with children at a similar level;
- Some children qualified to compete in a mixed small schools team at the county cross country championship;
- 86% of our children in KS2 have taken part in after-school PE activities
- All children leaving school are proficient swimmers.