Hamsterley Primary School Use of additional PE funding 2015-2016
Our allocation for the academic year 2015 / 2016 was £8180.
We have used the funding to:
- Buy into a small schools’ SLA from Durham LEA which has been specially tailored to our needs. This provided staff training on the teaching and assessment of tag rugby, fundamental movement skills, and quicksticks hockey. Staff were also trained on the role of the sports coordinator.
Children took part in inter-school sports and festivals for tag rugby, athletics, dance, gymnastics, quicksticks hockey, cross-country and table-tennis. This cost £3000
- Continue to provide fortnightly swimming for all children, where the transport costs consume a large part of the budget. This is over and above the minimal requirement for swimming in the National Curriculum. The swimming coaching and transport cost £2300.
- Purchase resources for tag rugby, hockey, movement skills and other sporting activities, costing £1280
- Subscribe to Cyber Coach, an internet streamed Keep Fit and Dance video provider for our morning Wake Up, Shake Up exercises (£100)
- Provide coaching for all children across a range of sports (£1330)
- Provide transport to festivals and tournaments (£730)
The impact has been:
- Our staff are more confident in coaching in fundamental movement skills, quicksticks hockey and tag rugby;
- Our children have participated with enjoyment in inter-school activities where they could compete with children at a similar level;
- Eight children qualified to compete in a mixed small schools team at the county cross country championship, and seven children qualified to compete in the county athletics finals;
- 86% (18 out of 21) of our children in KS2 have taken part in after-school PE activities
- All children leaving school are proficient swimmers.