Hamsterley Primary School Use of additional PE funding 2016-2017
Our allocation for the academic year 2016 / 2017 is £8230.
We will use the funding to:
- Buy into a small schools’ SLA from Durham LEA which has been specially tailored to our needs. This provides staff training on the teaching and assessment of gymnastics (including gymnastics for more able children), an introduction to new sports (fencing and archery), and training for the PE co-ordinator.Children will take part in inter-school sports and festivals for tag rugby, athletics, dance and gymnastics, quicksticks hockey, cross-country, and cricket. This SLA cost £3000
- Continue to provide fortnightly swimming for all children, where the transport costs consume a large part of the budget. This is over and above the minimal requirement for swimming in the National Curriculum. The swimming coaching and transport cost £2300.
- Purchase additional resources for tag rugby (new balls, tags and belts), hockey (Quick Sticks set and shin pads), movement skills and other sporting activities. Budget £500
- Subscribe to Cyber Coach, an internet streamed Keep Fit and Dance video provider for our morning Wake Up, Shake Up exercises (£100)
- Provide coaching for all children across a range of sports (netball, tennis, hockey, gymnastics and dance) (£1330)
- Provide transport to festivals and tournaments (c £1000)
We hope the impact will be:
- Our staff are more confident in coaching in gymnastics, hockey and dance;
- Our staff are aware of the possibilities of additional sports such as fencing and archery, although the budget this year will not allow for purchase of these resources. We will carry this forward as an aim for 2017-18
- Our children will participate with enjoyment in inter-school activities where they can compete with children at a similar level;
- Children will have the opportunity to compete in mixed small schools team at the county level events;
- We hope that 90% of our children in KS2 will enjoy sports and physical activities, and will take part in after-school or out of school PE activities
- All children leaving school are proficient swimmers.